Arts and crafts activities are among the best ways to keep your kids entertained. But rather than leave them to it, why don’t you get involved with them.
Arts and crafts activities provide enjoyment and a learning experience for your kids and for you also. There are lots of crafts which you can do together with your children irrespective of their ages. It doesn’t matter how old your children are, they could still enjoy arts and crafts. By developing artwork and crafts skills, they can discover new organic skills that they then take further through their research. This could also have a life-changing impact and might affect their career.
The major advantage of being involved with craft-making together with your kids is, other than the obvious truth that everyone is having fun, your kids and you’re learning. You will learn how to use your imagination, think through problems, make best use of the things you’ve got available and improvise.
Many kids will prefer to sit in front of the television or a computer nowadays, but with a little persuasion, they will soon find that arts and crafts are a wonderful way of spending time. The key is planning. Although you do not need to purchase a lot of arts and craft stuff, a few essentials will help stimulate your kids ‘ interest. Even only a few felt shapes, pva glue and a piece of card may be used to create fantastic artwork. But using a simple kit like a Build a Pom Pom Panda kit will provide you a much better way to present the idea of arts and crafts. It is always easier to convince a kid to make a panda from a kit as opposed to just give them some contours, but as soon as they begin their imagination will take over and even the simplest substances will create fantastic artwork.
Arts and Crafts activities are a wonderful method of bonding with your kids. While they’re concentrating on the creative process, they are likely to be a lot more chatty. They’ll share things with you that you’d never learn from just watching TV with them.
While the summer vacations are over from the United Kingdom for this year, Christmas will arrive shortly, so because of this, now this might be an ideal time to invest in arts and crafts for children.
What to buy
• Glue for sticking
• Bumper packs of colored paper and colored card are best for creating great works of art.
• You can also purchase blank cards and envelopes. These are useful for kids to make their own cards.
• Colouring Pens enable your children to draw what they need first. Or you might get involved and draw a shape for them.
• Shapes – Whether they are made from felt, card or paper, shapes are extremely flexible and can be used to make several diverse things.
• Stickers – Children love stickers. From contours to smiley faces to amounts there is something which all kids will like. You can even secure holographic stickers for that particular artwork.
• Tissue paper – Children love scrunching up newspaper to make three dimensional art. Tissue paper is best.
• Paints and Brushes are a favorite with kids but be cautious about the mess!
• Save old paper – As well as using it in creating artworks, you may use it to protect floors and surfaces.
Getting your children started
Try to begin with an idea about what they can do. A children’s originality is tough to get going, but once it kicks in then they’ll take over. A simple kit that they can make something out of is much better to begin with than just random products. Alternatively, should youn’t have a kit, then give them an idea about what they could make, for instance a pirate ship or a fairy wonderland. Once they have the idea they’ll create for hours. Take a look at our other articles for more ideas about that.
Don’t forget that as soon as they’ve created something, always praise them and make a fuss of them. If they believe you like what they’ve created then they will create more.